The Maintenance of CNC Machines - How to Maintain a Lathe Machine | Dajin Precision
When a CNC lathe has been used for a period time, the contacting parts will start to wear out or damage, the daily maintenance of CNC machines and scheduled maintenance can extend the service life of the machine components and wear cycle of mechanical parts, to prevent the occurrence of unexpected and malignant accidents, ensure the stable and efficient work and production, also fully exerts the advantages of CNC turning services.
Why Maintain CNC Lathe Machine - The Importance of CNC Machine Maintenance
CNC lathe is a kind of advanced and highly automated machining equipment integrated with electricity, computer technology, automatic control, automatic detection, precision machinery design, and manufacturing, as a technology-intensive and knowledge-intensive device, it comes in complex structure and high cost. To give maximum benefits and reduce the faults or errors in the manufacturing process, it’s necessary to carry out routine checks and regular maintenance. In addition, whether the CNC machine can achieve high machining accuracy, stable product quality, and improved productivity, depends not only on the performance of the machine itself, but also on the maintenance and protection of the machine tools.
How to Maintain a Lathe Machine - The Maintenance of CNC Machines
The Daily Maintenance of CNC Lathe
CNC lathe operators should conduct daily checks and maintenance on the lathe machine every day.
1. Check whether the oil volume of each oil tank of the lubricating mechanism is normal, and turn on the machine to check if the lubricating system can run normally.
2. Check whether the oil volume of each oil tank of the hydraulic mechanism is normal, and start the machine to check if the hydraulic system can work normally.
3. Check whether the cutting fluid volume of the cooling box is normal, and start the machine to check if the cutting fluid system can work normally.
4. Turn on the machine and check whether the CNC system is normal, also include the chip conveyor of each fan and the pressure gauge values.
5. Clear the iron scraps and sundries of guide rails in CNC lathe, and check whether there is scratch on the surface.
6. After the machine is powered on, it must run for a certain period of time without workpieces to check whether it operates normally; after finishing the production task of one day, turn off the CNC system and power supply of the lathe, then clean the workshop.
First Level Maintenance of CNC Lathe Machines
Please note that the first level maintenance should be executed for the machine tool every three months, mainly carried out by the operators and cooperate with the maintenance workers. Cut off the power supply before the maintenance unless necessary.
- Wipe the surface of CNC lathe, including cover, bed and accessories, to ensure that there is no oil, rust, corrosion, scrap iron, and sundries, and the inside and outside are clean.
2. Tool rest and tailstock
- Clean the iron scraps on the rotary tool rest and tailstock, clean the tool holder and adjust the clearance between the carriages.
- Clean all oil holes and felt pads.
- Remove and wash the tailstock, remove the outer sleeve and the burr of the taper hole, and keep the inner and outer surfaces clean.
3. Headstock and spindle
- Check whether there are loose screws on the lathe, and whether the oil tanks, pipelines, and connections are stable, and repair in time if any.
- Check the drive belt of spindle, X-axis drive belt and Z-axis drive belt for wear and tension.
- Check and adjust the clearance of the spindle
4. Lubrication and cooling
- Check out the hydraulic system and its components (hydraulic pump, hydraulic motor).
- Check out the cooling system and its components (cooling pump and cooling motor).
- Check whether the chip removal system and its components.
- Clean the filter, cooling pump and cooling tank.
- Ensure the passage of oil is smooth, the oil hole, oil line and linoleum are clean without iron chips.
- Check the lubrication system and replace the filter as required; check all oil outlet. Check the oil quality and keep it in good condition.
- Check all oil tanks and cooling fluid tanks, supplement them as required, and inject lubricating grease into each oil filling opening of the machine tool as required to ensure that the oil tanks, oil marks and oil windows are bright.
5. Electrical box
Wipe the electrical box to ensure the internal and external cleanness, check whether the lines are leaking, the contacts are in good condition, and whether ground connection is safe and reliable.
Start the machine and check if each axis and tool rest can rotate normally.
whether the movement of each axis and rotary tool rest of the CNC lathe is normal.